Barry D. Mann
Notes and Updates
The Health Equities Committee held its first meeting at Lankenau Medical Center on July 31st:
- Priorities for Health Equity were discussed
- Projects under consideration include
- Establishing a council of colleges to leverage the volunteerism of students in local colleges to work in tandem with insurance carriers and health centers to remind patients of appointments, tests and milestones
- Collaboration with the University of Penn Community Health Workers project with the intent of replicating the program at other health centers.
- Collaboration among healthcare entities to link ED high utilizers to primary care physicians in order to decrease inappropriate reliance on emergency rooms of the West Philadelphia community.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.